Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: Full entry for the tank(s)/location: by Type and Update, Location & Update with Spare Photos, NavPix & Videos

Query Buttons: All tanks at this location.


Caserma Ugo Mara, Solbiate Olona, Varese, Lombardy, Italy

Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)


Sample Photo from Location



Location Category ID: 5155
Added to Database: 29 November 2009
Last Edited: 12 February 2010
Address: NRDC-ITA, Public Affairs Office, Ugo Mara Barracks, Via per Busto Arsizio 20, 21058 Solbiate Olona
Telephone: 0039 0331 34 5111
Email: hrf.media [at] libero.it (Replace [at] with @)
Opening Times: Contact the Public Affairs office.
Official Website: NRDC-ITA
Other Links: NRDC brochure
Bing Maps
Latitude, Longitude: 45.64284054 , 8.85965824
Location Accuracy: 7
Tanks Previously Here:


The NATO Rapid Deployable Corps (Italy), or NRDC-ITA, is a multinational NATO headquarters based in the Ugo Mara barracks at Solbiate Olona, close to Milan. The barracks were originally created during the First World War as a prison camp for Czechoslovak prisoners. It is now a multinational NATO headquarters with more than 2000 military and civilian personnel from 15 NATO nations.
The history of the Corps’ insignia goes back to the Italian 3rd Celere Division which during WWII fought in the Yugoslav Campaign (1941) and in Russia (1942) within the Italian Expeditionary Corps. In 1957, the 3rd ITA Corps was established in Milan, in 1998 it was transformed in the Project Forces Headquarters (FOP) before, in 2001, it took on its current role as a High Readiness Force HQ. Some 70% of personnel are provided by Italy with the remaining 30% made up of officers and NCOs from other NATO nations.

Location Images - Photographs and NavPix (click to expand or browse)

2009

Bing Maps Bird
1: Bing Maps Bird's Eye View

Taken: 2009 (Estimated)
Contributor: Bing Maps
Location Photo ID: 210
Added: 12 February 2010
Views: 114
Has Priority: 0
    

    

    

June 2006

A view of the Building (C1) where the HQ is located.
2: A view of the Building (C1) where the HQ is located.

Taken: 9 June 2006
Contributor: NRDC-IT
Location Photo ID: 172
Added: 29 November 2009
Views: 177
Has Priority: 0
    

    

    

Date Unknown

Vehicles of the Tactical and Logistic Regiment
3: Vehicles of the Tactical and Logistic Regiment

Taken: Date Unknown
Contributor: NRDC-IT
Location Photo ID: 173
Added: 29 November 2009
Views: 199
Has Priority: 0