MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning
gone or unknown (details here)
Click here or on the image for this location's profile page
Demag is a German heavy equipment manufacturer. Its business began in 1906 as a dock cranes manufacturer, under the name Deutsche Maschinenfabrik AG, or simply Demag. The Demag company was formed in 1910 in Duisburg through the union of Deutsche Maschinenfabrik, Märki Engineering Co., Duisburger Mechanical Engineering AG, and the Benrather Engine works GmbH. In 1910, they designed what was then the world's largest floating crane, built for Harland & Wolff in Belfast, which would be used for the building of the passenger liners RMS Olympic and RMS Titanic.
Starting from 1925, Demag also manufactured excavators. They expanded to manufacture locomotives and railroad cars. (Source: Wikipedia).
During the Second World War, Demag produced Panther tanks in its Berlin Staaken plant from September 1943 until February 1944 when it converted its entire Panther production over to the Bergepanther. Vehicles were originally based on the Ausf A, but from September 1944 they were based on the Ausf G.