Preserved Tanks .com
    World Register of Surviving Historic Armoured Vehicles

Current Query: Full entry for the tank(s)/location: by Type and Update, Location & Update with Spare Photos, NavPix & Videos

Query Buttons: All tanks at this location.


Gorkovsky Avtomobilny Zavod (GAZ), Nizhniy Novgorod, Nizhniy Novgorod Oblast, Nizhniy Novgorod Region, Russia

Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET
Powered By Subgurim(http://googlemaps.subgurim.net).Google Maps ASP.NET

MAP CONTROLS: Use slider or mousewheel to zoom, and hold down left mouse button to drag.
KEY: Location markers are coloured from Green meaning exact to Red meaning gone or unknown (details here)


Sample Photo from Location



Location Category ID: 2435
Added to Database: 1 March 2011
Last Edited: 1 March 2011
Address: 88 Lenin Prospect, Nizhny Novgorod, 603004 Russia
Telephone: +7 (831) 299-09-90
Email: odrpa [at] ruspromauto.ru (Replace [at] with @)
Opening Times:
Official Website: GAZ Group – Russian
GAZ Group – English
Other Links: Wikipedia
Battlefield.ru
Latitude, Longitude: 56.24582989 , 43.89012337
Location Accuracy: 7
Tanks Previously Here: Models of tank built here:
1: T-60 Tank (Primary manufacturer)
2: T-70 Light Tank (Manufacturer)
3: SU-76 Self-Propelled Gun (Primary manufacturer)
4: SU-76M Self-Propelled Gun (Primary manufacturer)
5: Carden-Loyd Mark VI Tankette - T-27 (Secondary manufacturer)



Gorkovsky Avtomobilny Zavod (Gorky Automobile Plant) is one of the largest companies in the Russian automotive industry. In May 1929 the Soviet Union signed an agreement with the Ford Motor Company. Under its terms, the Soviets agreed to purchase $13 million worth of automobiles and parts, while Ford agreed to give technical assistance until 1938 to construct an integrated automobile-manufacturing plant at Nizhny Novgorod. Production started on 1 January 1932, and the factory and marque was titled Nizhegorodsky Avtomobilny Zavod (NAZ), but also displayed the Ford sign. In 1933, the factory’s name changed to Gorkovsky Avtomobilny Zavod, or GAZ, when the city was renamed after Maxim Gorky.
During the war GAZ manufactured BA-6 and BA-64 armoured cars, T-60 and T-70 light tanks, and the SU-76 self-propelled gun.

Location Images - Photographs and NavPix (click to expand or browse)

1942

“Production line of GAZ-MM during the war”
1: “Production line of GAZ-MM during the war”

Taken: 1942 (Estimated)
Contributor: Wikimedia
Location Photo ID: 426
Added: 2 March 2011
Views: 293
Has Priority: 0